Ruby Impressions

Huaiyu Zhu huaiyu at gauss.almadan.ibm.com
Mon Jan 14 19:11:47 EST 2002

On 13 Jan 2002 01:01:44 -0800, Adam Spitz <adamspitz at bigfoot.com> wrote:
>OK. Last thing that I want to say, then, since I've obviously offended
>people, and we're not going to get any further that way.

Well, IMHO, no one is offended, though some disagree with severl of your
points.  This thread is quite educational for me.  I guess not many of these
clever ways of initialization and examples of meta class would be posted
without the prompt of your Ruby example.  So I'm grateful to you for
bringing these issues up.  It is a good thing to have several different
perspectives.

Huaiyu