Calendars and recurring events

Dave Swegen dswegen at software.plasmon.com
Mon Jan 28 09:39:55 EST 2002

The one thing I think I forgot to mention is that this is going to be
for a web app. Makes a bit of difference to the requirements, as there
might be multiple people editing and viewing calendars.

Eventually I hope to make it a proper multiuser calendar, with events
bound to permissions (owner, groups and world).

It looks like a combination of pre-calculation (adding events to the
current/next month at creation time, as these are probably the most
commonly viewed items) and an iterator which returns next event + places
them into a cache is probably the way to go.

Btw, would it be best to store all this data (the event list + the cache
list) in db (using anydb, I guess), or by using pickle?

Cheers
	Dave