Python is just as good as C++ for real apps

dman dsh8290 at rit.edu
Sun Jan 27 23:27:18 EST 2002

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 03:59:00AM +0000, one2001boy wrote:

| C++ is for large-scale projects;

No way :-).  Python is better for that!

I'd like to see a statically-typed, compiled-to-native,
raw-pointers-included, python-like language.  The purpose is to
replace C in augmenting python for the low-level stuff.  Then instead
of Python+C we'd have Python+<this_new_thing> for the ideal
environment :-).  The reason for replacing C is because python is so
cool we'd all want to use a pythonic language for the low-level stuff
too.

-D

--

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.