Telnet and running commands on remote systems

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Fri Jan 11 10:00:39 EST 2002

"Donn Cave" <donn at u.washington.edu> wrote in message
news:a1ki3m$2qdi$1 at nntp6.u.washington.edu...
> and as an authentication technology Kerberos is at least as secure
> as ssh, I would say better.

I guess you mean "as secure as ssh `public-key authentication'": ssh
can be configured to use Kerberos or other authentication kinds if
the needed infrastructure is in place, then leaving ssh to do what
it does best (channel encryption &c).  I'm told few actually use the
theoretical abilities of Kerberos to channel-encrypt, and for good
cause (I'm not really qualified to debate the theoretical issues...).

Alex