Unified Type/class

phil hunt philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 10:32:10 EST 2002

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:24:21 +0100, Pedro Rodriguez <pedro_rodriguez at club-internet.fr> wrote:

>Agreed. The questions are
>- why did Ruby team allow this feature on standard classes ?
>  (maybe 'str' is not a class on which Ruby interpreter relies ?)

Presumably if I wrote a Ruby program that changes a standared
class, then any changes will only be of that program, and not
for any other Ruby program I write. In which case, since I would
obviously debug the changes so they didn't cause any bugs,
what's the problem?

--
===== Philip Hunt ===== philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk =====
One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,