anydbm is slow

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Jan 1 22:12:29 EST 2002

    >> What underlying db module does anydbm use?

    Amir> It returns dbhash from '/usr/lib/python2.1/dbhash.pyc'.

    Amir> Perhaps I should use a different db package?  The data consists of
    Amir> an enormous number of keys and relatively short data strings.

I doubt you'll find anything faster.  I think you need to consider whether
you should be writing the entire db at exit or not.  What sort of data
access pattern do you have?  I still think you might find it better to
simply access the data directly from the database.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)