JavaScript considered harmful

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Jan 8 17:00:06 EST 2002

On 8 Jan 2002 22:24:53 +0100, Chris Liechti <cliechti at gmx.net> wrote:
> what i do not like is HTML mail with external links... this way the 1 pixel
> (or larger) image can be used to identify you by email address. (and get
> your mail on the "verified" lists)
>
> a filtering proxy does help agains some of the collectors but there are
> just too many out there.
>
> any real solutions availble?

HTML mail is a problem. I don't support it, and neither does my email client.

In those that do, demand the ability to turn off external image loading and
other sundry features from the developers. Don't use their products if they
don't listen. Ximian Evolution is a slight improvement, but I'll stick with
Mutt.

Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier, QX41, SKY  Tel: 613-765-4699 (ESN: 39-54699)
Optical Networks, Nortel Networks, SDE Pegasus