just another Tkinter installation problem

Heiko Wolf wolfh at master.sm.go.dlr.de
Wed Jan 30 01:12:29 EST 2002

Eric Brunel wrote:
> Hi,

Morning,

> Can you please include the lines concerning Tkinter in your Setup file? It
> seems to me that the problem may be here.
>
> TIA
>  - eric -

OK, here they are:

# *** Always uncomment this (leave the leading underscore in!):
 _tkinter _tkinter.c tkappinit.c -DWITH_APPINIT \
# *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your Tcl/Tk libraries are:
        -L/home/myhome/tcl-tk/lib \
# *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your Tcl/Tk headers are:
        -I/home/myhome/tcl-tk/include \
# *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your X11 header files are:
        -I/usr/X/include \
# *** Or uncomment this for Solaris:
#       -I/usr/openwin/include \
# *** Uncomment and edit for Tix extension only:
#       -DWITH_TIX -ltix8.1.8.2 \
# *** Uncomment and edit for BLT extension only:
#       -DWITH_BLT -I/usr/local/blt/blt8.0-unoff/include -lBLT8.0 \
# *** Uncomment and edit for PIL (TkImaging) extension only:
#     (See http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/ for more info)
#       -DWITH_PIL -I../Extensions/Imaging/libImaging  tkImaging.c \
# *** Uncomment and edit for TOGL extension only:
#       -DWITH_TOGL togl.c \
# *** Uncomment and edit to reflect your Tcl/Tk versions:
        -ltk8.3 -ltcl8.3 \
# *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your X11 libraries are:
        -L/usr/X/lib \
# *** Or uncomment this for Solaris:
#       -L/usr/openwin/lib \
# *** Uncomment these for TOGL extension only:
#       -lGL -lGLU -lXext -lXmu \
# *** Uncomment for AIX:
#       -lld \
# *** Always uncomment this; X11 libraries to link with:
        -lX11

And the tcl/tk headers and libs _are_ at the places given above...

Cheers, Heiko