CGI problems on new web server

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sun Jan 27 11:34:42 EST 2002

"jimrthy" <jimrthy at yahoo.com> wrote in message

[hosting woes]

> Oh, and any suggestions for dealing with the people on that end who
> don't want to help?  So far, I've basically been told I'm an idiot
> for even trying to write my own cgi script (I took a couple of days
> to simmer down before I answered...the saving grace was that he
> admitted he didn't know the first thing about programming).
>
> And now, I think I shall celebrate this beautiful Saturday evening
> with some Spam.  Or, since there's none of that in the house, I'll
> settle for potted meat <shudder>.

Do not pay your hosting bill. They have not delivered what they promised. Of
course, if you paid a year up front to get a deal you now understand why
this works in their favor rather than yours. I still think you have a valid
claim for a refund, though. They clearly do not know what they are doing,
even though they are minimally geared to "try and help".

Run, do not walk, to

    www.cornerhost.com

where you will find a hosting service that does understand Python, writes
their own systems in it, and will give you non-condescending advice when you
need it.

Disclaimer: I host with them, and they are a client.

regards
 Steve
--
Consulting, training, speaking: http://www.holdenweb.com/