Slightly OT: odbc.odbc() - how to specify user, password?

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 16 11:55:22 EST 2002

Steve Holden wrote:

> Have you imported the dbi module before the odbc module? This is a
> documented requirement, but it doesn't stick out, and can give problems. May
> not help, but it might.
>
> Otherwise, if you *have* to use ODBC then mxODBC would be a sound
> investment. Else consider the non-ODBC solutions available, including
> DCOracle2 (somewhere in www.zope.org) and cxOracle (on www.computronix.com),
> both of which appear to be sound interfaces.
>
> regards
>  Steve

Thanks for your advice, Steve. I'll look into alternatives.
I am importing dbi first, so that's not the issue.

Cheers,

-- Joe
"I should like to close this book by sticking out any part of my neck
 which is not yet exposed, and making a few predictions about how the
 problem of quantum gravity will in the end be solved."
 --- Physicist Lee Smolin, "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity"