Serious privacy leak in Python for Windows

Hernan M. Foffani hfoffani at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 07:09:51 EST 2002

> Is this just limited to the ActiveState ActivePython distribution
for
> Windows? If so, perhaps someone could explain what registry tweak or
file
> change needs to be made to simply disable PythonScript so it is not
> available in Internet Explorer or unavailable as a Windows Script
Host
> language.

Limited to ActiveState ActivePython AND/OR Standard Python + the win32
extension.
Mark already post the way to disable Python scripting.
I'm afraid of all the "will-be programmers" who installed AS Python.
Is there a way to warn about this issue and the registry fix?
(Funny thing, is that it could be possible to write a web page
that remotly close the door, no?)

Regards,
-Hernan