to do a simple email program

root aries at bitstream.net
Fri Jan 25 18:56:38 EST 2002

Hi python people,

I am wanting to write a simple email program in python, is there a way
I can use the standard unix - linux  "MAIL"  program for emailing out
to people.    Or is there some other way  I should try.

I want to have it simple.   Once I get the program going I will want to
make it to put on the web:
So a  cgi script in python  will  get the info from a html form.
--like the  email  to  address
-- the  email from address
-- the subject of the email
-- the message the person wants to send as an email

and then  they would click  send on the html form

which would call up this  python email script  ......
and maybe somehow put the names and addresses into a mail
using the  unix  MAIL program or some other  thing.

Can someone help and guide me to where I should go to get more info
or  some  example code !!!!!!!!!

thanks,
JJ