Exceptions in threads

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Thu Jan 24 10:05:06 EST 2002

Martin von Loewis <loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de> wrote:

Thanks for the repsonse. Pretty much as I expect, unfortunately.

>How would you establish an exception handler by other means but code?

I was kind of hoping for some undocumented onException() or onEnd()
methods that I could override. A bit of a long shot, I grant you.

The problem with the wrapper is that there is still some unprotected
code (what if the thread fails in initialisation?) and I want this to
be really bullet proof. This code has to run for months without
intervention and threads will be coming and going frequently.

--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd