Is Stackless Python DEAD?

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Tue Jan 15 17:51:58 EST 2002

>But there is no problem for C extensions which don't call back
>into Python or if they do this only for short time, and you can
>live with not switching coroutines/microthreads during this call.

In fact, there are whole classes of problems where this isn't
an issue at all. Speaking to the general audience, I'd like to
point out that microthreads are hardly the only use for continuations.
A step-wise cooperative scheduler can make use of these, and since
every python step completes a C extension call, there's no overlap
and therefor no blocking.

While this is certainly obscure, I'll note that it has pragmatic
use in a simulation environment (which is exactly where I use it).

C//