COM error/exception in Python, but not in VB (no dispatch interface available)

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Jan 28 21:26:42 EST 2002

Jason R. Coombs wrote:
> Hi all.  I hope there's someone out there that might know the intricacies of
> Python and COM enough to help narrow this problem down.

It appears to me that the returned object from this function does not
support IDispatch - ie, it is not an automation object.

Can you look at the type library and confirm if this is the case - ie,
find the GetHTMLTag() function, and see what interface it returns.  Then
look at this interface definition to see if it either derives from
IDispatch, or is marked as automation.

Mark.