Pmw.scrolledText and the <Key> event

Bernard Yue bernie at 3captus.com
Wed Jan 23 21:45:07 EST 2002

Hi Bob,

All Pmw widgets contains a butch of Tkinter widgets.  In your case,
you should trap the eventloop of Pmw.scrolledText._textbox.  You
cannot intercept the <Key> event from Pmw.scrolledText's eventloop
because the parent widget of Pmw.scrolledText._textbox choose
not be pass the event upward, or it was translated to another
message.

Although it works, but it might not be a good idea to intercept the Pmw
interior widget this way.  IMHO, if possible, you should stick with the
Tkinter widgets, and only use Pmw widgets when there is no Tkinter
counterpart (e.g. ComboBox).

Bernie

--
There are three schools of magic.  One:  State a tautology, then ring
the changes on its corollaries; that's philosophy.  Two:  Record many

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in
praise of intelligence.
                -- Bertrand Russell