Semantic analysis of one response (was Re: Autocoding project proposal.)

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sun Jan 27 10:29:16 EST 2002

"Timothy Rue" <threeseas at earthlink.net> wrote ...
> On 26-Jan-02 23:39:24 Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:

[rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb]
> >The problem is, the descriptions of those commands on your web
> >site are, among other things, incredibly vague, and even
> >inconsistent.  In fact, just the first one "Activate Interaction"
> >is described as "Alternate Interface" on the page which purports
> >to explain it.  Why should anyone be thinking of helping you,
> >if you can't even spend the time to get a *one line* description
> >of one of the basic commands of your shell correct?!
>
> The minimum optimum number of symbols used to label something is 2.

Well, just before I finally kill myself by beating my head against the wall,
perhaps you could explain the difference between the minimum optimum number
and the maximum optimum number, and explain how there can be more than one
optimum (which you almost certainly know is Latin for "best").

> In order to handle exceptions/conflicts it is important to be able to
> change such labels when needed. The choice of which two symbols are used
> initially for the commands was a matter of chosing such symbols that can
> be associated to words and/or phrases that can be somewhat descriptive
> of the command. These two symbol sequences are not Acronyms, but can be
> preceived as such. But for example, SF = Sequence stufF isn't in the use
> form of an acronym but expresses "sequence" beginning to end.

Mumbo jumbo. After all this waffling, I don't imagine anyone reading your
babble has the least clue what "the VIC" is supposed to actually do. And,
unfortunately, running the code sample you provided offers no help either.

> Another example of redefining these two sequences is that of the character
> set used in the movie "The Matrix" where:

[movie-related psycho-bable snipped]

> Anyways, back to what you were saying about vague descriptions of the VIC
> commands.....
>
> This link is an example that contridicts your claim.....
> http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/AI.html

No, it doesn't.

[sensible criticism & ad hominem attacks snipped]

> >> There has been a great deal of relative and useful information I have
> >> given in these autocoding threads. So much so that I intend on
extracting
> >> it to a new web page. Seeings how this is the only help I'm going to
get
> >> here.... inspiration to focus another Q&A paper.

Than k heavens the web is a pull system and not a push. It's ironic that you
make these reamrks just before Peter says ...

> >Wonderful!  Write another white paper.  Don't actually *do* anything
> >like, say, build a working example of part of your framework, or
> >write up an example like Phil's nice example for Herbivore... (have
> >you even looked at that example yet?  Have a go at writing one
> >for your own thingie... it can't be that hard for someone as smart
> >as you obviously are.)
>
> IQ - Morpheus is working in a stand alone version. Heart of the City, be
> lost without....... kill or deny IQ, right?

It'll die with you, without anyone having understodd what you were babbling
on about in the first place.

regards
 Steve
--