get information from MS Outlook using Python

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Thu Jan 17 03:38:21 EST 2002

Mark Ainsworth <marka at sundance.com> wrote in message news:<3C4595B3.60700 at sundance.com>...
> Does anyone have any experience at getting information out of  MS
> Outlook using Python. For example, we use an Outlook folder to store
> emails relating to customer support issues. I would like to be able to
> access this folder, search the emails for certain topics and then use
> this to produce statistical data.

To automate Outlook using COM, I suggest looking at...

  http://www.paul.boddie.net/Python/COM.html

The example in the document describes access to e-mail addresses
stored on an Exchange server, but accessible through Outlook. I would
think that access to messages would be automated in much the same way.

Paul