OS X import bug? (it gets worse)

Pete Shinners pete at shinners.org
Fri Jan 25 12:22:05 EST 2002

there's more bugs in the OSX module loader. one of my OSX porters has
fixed this himself, but i don't believe yet submitted anything. in any
event i'm told it's a quick-fix, but here's the problem for you OSX
maintainers...

in my pygame package i have a "time" module. this is an extension
library. this has not been a problem from python-1.5.2 and up on every
different platform. users can easily choose between the stdlib time and
the pygame time

import time  #std
import pygame.time  #mine

problem is, on OSX the command "import time" is actually importing my
time module, from inside my package (i'm not using PTH files or anything
either).

of course, my time module doesn't have the same functions as the
standard one. so when standard modules (like random) say "import time"
they are getting the wrong module and raise a quick exception.

i really hope this can get fixed for python-2.2.1. :]