IDE for developing cross-platform GUI Windows/Linux/Mac apps

Bruce Dawson comments at cygnus-software.com
Fri Jan 25 00:19:51 EST 2002

I can't offer suggestions for cross platform GUI development, but a
*sort of* cross platform IDE is the HapDebugger, since it supports
remote debugging - you'd just have to port the lightweight client to
Macintosh and Linux, which should be easy enough.

It avoids the IDLE\PythonWin problems of locking up when you code
an infinite loop, and it works nicely with applications that have their own
message pumps - which is handy if you're trying to create a GUI app.

The open source HapDebugger is available at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hapdebugger/