Upgrade to 2.2?

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Sun Jan 13 17:12:50 EST 2002

Raymond Hettinger || Sun 13 Jan 2002 01:16:26p:

> "Philip Swartzleonard" <starx at pacbell.net> wrote in message
> news:Xns9194F2256E396RASXnewsDFE1 at 130.133.1.4...
>
> [snipped]
>> I'm mainly concerned that
>> there dosen't seem to be a py2.2 specific PIL available yet
>> Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: <nothing>
>
> The status section of the PIL product page,
> http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/,
> lists PIL 1.1.2 as not being tested with Python2.2.
>
> However, the downloads section below it indicates that
> it was tested with Python 2.2b1.  So, I was brave and
> tried it with Python2.2 final and had no problems.
> Every sample script worked without a hitch.  Also,
> my own programs ran fine -- they excercise all of the
> modules and about half of the methods in PIL.

Thanks, that was my main concern in compatibility, and I didn't want to
spend half a day setting it up and playing aorund just to see if a untested
module works.

Further, with a design i came up with just last night for container objects
(i don't really know how to do these things until i try them, so i tend to
fiddle around untill i have something that does waht i want, then document
why and how. :), and inhereting from a list would be very nice =). So i
think i'll be upgrading as soon as my project reaches another 'runnable'
state. Thanks for info everyone :)

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: rubydragon.com if i'm ever allowed to
upload to the new server >(