SV: Teleowrking [Was: Anyone looking to hire a Python/C++ developer?]

Thor A. Johansen thorj at ibas.no
Fri Jan 4 12:51:21 EST 2002

Great promotion of Norway there Syver :)

Seriously though; Norway is very diverse in terms of climate and landscapes.
We have a very long coast, with climate varying from arctic to temperate. We
have large lush forest landscapes as well as vast baron mountain landscapes.
We have glaciers, mountain plateaus, fjords, lakes, heck we have it all ;)
(except tropics of course )We also have 4 very distinct seasons; all with
their own charms and ills.

For a less colored description :) see:
http://www.atlapedia.com/online/countries/norway.htm

As far as salaries, I don't know what the going rate for skilled programmers
(C/C++/Python/Perl) with 4-6 years experience is out there in the world? I'm
not even sure what it is in Norway. I'd guess in the range $35K-$85K
depending on experience/responsibilites etc. This of course is becoming more
important as more and more people will start considering the global village
as their workplace and recruiting grounds.

--
Thor A. Johansen

Syver Enstad <syver-en+usenet at online.no> skrev i
meldingsnyheter:uheq32bn0.fsf at online.no...