teleworking tools and methodologies (was Re: Teleowrking [Was: Anyone looking to hire a Python/C++ developer?])

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Thu Jan 3 11:46:06 EST 2002

Couple of things

- check what encoding method is used. Some vnc clients
default to a really, really stupid one. 'hextile' is ok.
- if you're on a smaller connection, look at 'tightvnc'
(check google for website). It's designed for this.
- if talking to a windows box, tweak the vnc settings to
make sure you're only polling the minimum needed - don't
poll the whole screen if you don't have to do this.