port doubling (or...)?

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 29 16:13:09 EST 2002

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:29:58 -0000
maximilianscherr wrote:

> the client connects to the pserver, then it sends data to uoserver.

So the client is connecting to both simultaneously?  "it" is ambiguous
here...

> if the uoserver connects the pserver sends the data to the client.
> note: the pserver is on the machine which runs the client to keep
> performance on the uoserver pc low.
> or how would i do that or what would be the advantages or
> disadvantages?

It won't be a problem running the pserver on the client machine and this
should definitely provide a performance boost, as the pserver won't have to
handle requests from more than one client.

> sorry for the long posts and annoying questions.

Not a problem.

> this give sme errors:( i the ipaddrmatch line:

I did some tests, and my smtp server returns a line like such:
(250, 'pintail.mail.pas.earthlink.net Hello apx1-04-57.pdx.du.teleport.com
[216.26.2.57]')

This is a tuple, not a string, so you'll have to use smtpconnhelo[1] in
your regular expression.
This worked for me:

>>> smtpconnhelo = smtpconn.helo()
>>> m = re.search("[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+", smtpconnhelo[1])
>>> m.group()
'216.26.2.57'

--
Cliff Wells
Software Engineer

"Then with your new power you'll accomplish all sorts of cool stuff
 in no time, and We'll All Be Sorry.  At that point you can either
 gloat a bit, and then relent, or go ahead and send the robot army
 after us." - Quinn Dunkan