Copyright Notice in Executable

roxanne claire gregnro at swbell.net
Tue Jan 22 01:47:00 EST 2002

> I have been using py2exe to generate an executable
> for a small program and want to put a copyright
> notice in the executable so that a simple hex editor
> view of the .exe file will display the copyright
> information.  However the documentation strings
> and string constants I put in the python code are
> placed in the zip file and end up being compressed.
>
> Anyone have a solution for adding the hex level
> copyright notice string to a py2exe executable ?

Do you just need to make sure a readable copyright gets included with
every copy of the executable?

This solution doesn't make the copyright readable in a hex editor, but
might solve your actual problem: Add a command-line switch '--copyright'
to your program to make it print the copyright at the command line.

Greg Goodman
Chiron Consulting