Python NNTP server

Joao Prado Maia JMaia at lexgen.com
Fri Jan 18 11:37:26 EST 2002

> Hi, Is there any code for a Python NNTP server anywhere please. I can
> write an NNTP server using the Python library (although I havent done
> it...) I think butr I want a server. Is it a simple modification or
> trick?

Well, I wrote one but it is still very early stuff. You can read a little
bit about it on the 'Performance issues with Threaded Python Network
Server'. You can see the source code online on CVS by opening this URL:

http://cvs.phpbrasil.com/chora/cvs.php/papercut

Help with it would be pretty good, but I guess you would need to write your
own custom 'backend' (read the README file for more information)

Joao

--
Joao Prado Maia
Software QA

 The contents of this communication are intended only for the addressee and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
communication and notify the sender.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this communication that do not relate to the official
business of my company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.