exchange 2000 entry points to python scripting

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Jan 9 21:23:20 EST 2002

craig curtin wrote:

> hi,
> i have not done any ASP python scripting, but am trying to
> get some python scripting running on our exchange 2000 server.
> e2k works with any activeX scripting engine, but i'm not sure
> how to get e2k to deliver events to my py script.
>
> the wizard provides the following template, i just need to
> hook in my code. are there any 'good' ways of hooking in the
> debugger?

You should be able to do the exact same thing in Python.
Something like:
<SCRIPT RunAt=Server Language=Python>
def Folder_OnMessageCreated():
   whatever
</SCRIPT>

You may need to try "onMessageCreated".

Also check out the test "win32comext\axscript\demos\client\ie\foo2.htm".
  It shows event trapping as

def Window_OnLoad():

To handle an event, and also uses:

<script for="Button5" event="onClick" language="Python">
</script>

The latter may or may not work, depending on Exchange as much as Python ;).

Mark.