Python Cookbook Authors BOF

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Fri Jan 11 20:25:46 EST 2002

Hear ye, Hear ye,

In recognition of their graceful contributions to the forthcoming Python
Cookbook, Alex Martelli and I would like to invite the authors of
recipes to the Python Cookbook to a drink at IPC10. (For those who don't
know, Alex has taken on a huge portion of the Python Cookbook editorial
process, much to my everlasting gratitude).

We are much too busy working on the book pre-production process to have
it organized well yet, but we'll figure out a time and place and
advertise it somehow.  This is just a heads-up.  If you qualify
(submitted a recipe, got some email from me, Alex or Laura Lewin about
it, and will be at IPC10), feel free to let me know, so I can gauge what
kind of room/supplies we need to arrange...

I'm thinking we should do it the night before Alex's talk so that he's
still drunk when he's giving his talk.  My suspicion is that _that_ is
the secret of Alex's cacoethes loquendi -- or is that scribendi...

--david ascher

PS: Submitting a recipe now won't get you a free drink- at least not
until we deal with the 2nd edition of the book!