cookies for HTTP session tracking

Neil Schemenauer nas at python.ca
Wed Jan 9 10:03:28 EST 2002

Aahz Maruch wrote:
> You tell me why you think [session cookies are] not absurd and I'll
> tell you why you're wrong

AMK bet me to the punch.  I'd like to add that session cookies work
better if people want to copy/paste URLs or bookmark them.  Also, IMHO,
the security risk of cookies has been exaggerated.  People that disable
them completely are doing themselves a disservice.  Finally, I'll grant
you that if you are striving for the widest possible audience then
tracking sessions via URLs is probably best.

  Neil