compilation problem on Solaris 8

Eric Berthiaume maverick at up2.com
Mon Jan 28 11:53:49 EST 2002

I'm trying to compile Python-2.2 on solaris8 and all is good exept
that I have an error compiling _socket.so that I need for my mailman
mailing list app.

"ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
sections
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status"

I had an perfect installation of both apps on solaris2.6 but can't
seem to get it right on sol8

i'm compiling with gcc and the only thing that is change from default
install is the prefix path.  I also tried to compile the module
manually but same thing.

NOTE: I know this module requires cryptographic libraries and I have
openssl-0.9.6 installed.

Can't think of anything else.

If you guys need other details dont hesitate to post.

Thanks!

Eric Berthiaume