Autocoding project proposal.

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Thu Jan 24 21:51:50 EST 2002

>>A few bits of history: Linus didn't talk about 'building a new operating
>>system that would be free and better than windows and as powerful as the
>>expensive unices and run on cheap pcs and make coffee and end world hunger
>>and...'. He posted the code for the kernel.

There are many folk who would do well to consider things like this time
and time again. Those of us who spend our times attempting things which
haven't been quite ever achieved before know all to well that we're bound
to occasionally stumble. Having learned the hard way, we work quietly at
our special projects, only going public with proofs-of-concept which
actually show the utility of our idea -- pragmatic, and realized in the
real world.

C//