threading.py -> winthreading.c : Some results

Jason Orendorff jason at jorendorff.com
Wed Jan 2 01:07:45 EST 2002

Jason Orendorff:
> > I've reimplemented the synchronization objects of threading.py
> > in non-portable, Win32-only C.

Tim Peters:
> Sorry I haven't had time to follow up on this -- it's interesting
> and I want to encourage you (so I don't have to do it later <wink>).

Thanks for your encouragement!

It seems there's no demand for this right now.  But I'd like to
submit what I have, so that in any case it can be kept in reserve
against the chance that someone will someday need it.  How should
I do this...?

Tim again:
> You could also consider solving a simpler problem, [...]

Hmm.  Now *that's* interesting.

## Jason Orendorff    http://www.jorendorff.com/