Semantic analysis of one response (was Re: Autocoding project proposal.)

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 26 20:42:06 EST 2002

On 26-Jan-02 17:35:19 Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:

>> >You tell _me_ which it is.
>>
>> The phrase "you really don't understand" is just a frustrated
>> way of saying "I lack the ability to explain properly" most of
>> the time. Don't fret. They can't help it.

>No fretting going on here.  I'm just having fun. :-)

>I think Timothy has an idea that would make computers
>much easier to use, but he's making one or more of the following
>mistakes:

>1. Thinking his idea is new and that most of us haven't had
>   roughly the same idea already, when in fact we've all thought
>   similar things or read about them, sometimes decades ago.

show me verification of this claim you are making?

>2. Thinking it's an idea that can be turned into an implementation
>   with relatively little work, when in fact it is something that
>   requires not only an enormous amount of work but even advances
>   in computing in areas which have proven slow to advance (e.g. AI).

a shell with nine commands?????

>3. Thinking most of us have even the slightest idea what he's
>   trying to say when he talks, when in fact his words are so
>   abstract, obscure, meandering, or just plain semantically and
>   grammatically unrecognizable that most of his time writing
>   is wasted.

Maybe you should try the general and detailed description of the commands
along with the code for IQ and it's test files.

It is common knowledge that reading about how computers work is not enough
to really inderstand. You gotta do, in order to cause a feedback loop
required in really learning.

>...and probably a few others I haven't thought of yet.

>Anyway, it's not that I don't think he has a valid point somewhere,
>but that I think his idea is so many levels above what is actually
>feasible (here combining the ideas of "possible" with "affordable")
>that there's little point discussing it.  I'm also trying to drill
>it through his head that he needs to communicate better if he wants
>much serious discussion, but perhaps he listens as poorly as he
>expounds.

A shell having nine commands......<rolleyes>

There has been a great deal of relative and useful information I have
given in these autocoding threads. So much so that I intend on extracting
it to a new web page. Seeings how this is the only help I'm going to get
here.... inspiration to focus another Q&A paper.

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<