Extensions in windows.

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Fri Jan 11 07:59:18 EST 2002

"Michel Van den Bergh" <vdbergh at luc.ac.be> wrote in message
news:3C3EDED6.98885AFE at luc.ac.be...
> Is there a way to make extensions on Windows which are independent of
> the python version,

No, sigh, not in the current Python architecture for Windows.

> and if not, what is the best way to handle this
> problem
> in distutils? (I would like to include multiple versions of the same
> extension).

Distributing with sources (checking said sources build correctly
with freely distributed compilers such as BCC) is one possibility,
but many Windows developers aren't happy to rebuild from sources
anyway (even if the C compiler is free they still have to download
and install it...).

So, I have no "silver bullet" to suggest to you at this time...:-(

Alex