Semaphore question

William Annis annis at biostat.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 30 17:11:32 EST 2002

"MDK" <mdk at mdk.com> writes:
> Could someone give me a clear example of how to use Semaphore so that the
> threads properly acquire and release the Data list?

        Take a look at the Queue module which comes with Python.
First, it is a data structure that acts a lot like what you're trying
to do.  Second, it's pretty simple and uses mutexes (semaphores,
bascially, but of a simpler sort) to protect access.

--
William Annis  -  System Administrator -  Biomedical Computing Group
"When men are inhuman, take care not to feel towards them as they do