Have a look at Albatross (was Re: Server side scripting with PSP)

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Wed Jan 2 20:45:11 EST 2002

Mark> Dave Cole:
>> At the moment I am working on improving the documentation for the
>> code currently implemented.

Mark> I'd be curious to see any analysis you did of Zope, Webware, and
Mark> other Python web app servers that led you to ignore them in
Mark> favor of developing your own framework.

There is a fairly long story behind Albatross.  I will try to
summarise.

The original toolkit (not Albatross) came out of a consulting job that
we performed.  The customer needed an easy to understand toolkit for
building an public access web application.  We looked at Zope and came
to the conclusion that it was beyond the capabilities of the
developers who were going to have to use it at the customer site.
They even expressed quite a bit of resistance to Python in general
(they did not want to have to learn a new language).

Albatross is a 3rd generation version of the toolkit that we developed
for the customer.  They had some fairly narrow financial system
requirements which were not something we wanted to build into a more
general purpose toolkit.

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au