Python Books Galore

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Jan 31 20:44:06 EST 2002

In article <3c59d6bf$0$2203$7586b60c at news.frii.com>, Marc Poulin wrote:

>> Two years ago, the Boston University bookstore had only one Python book.
>>  I went back yesterday and found a full row (3 1/2 to 4 feet) filled
>> with Python books.
>
> As a contract programmer, I'm always on the lookout for the "next big
> thing". I've noticed that the big chain bookstores (Borders/Barnes &
> Noble) seem to be a good barometer. Years ago, I was seeing The Great
> Wall of C++. Today I'm seeing The Great Wall of Java. Apparently
> The Great Wall of Python is starting to form.

The the quality of the books starts to drop precipitously, and 27 different
authors' versions of horribly written and technically shoddy "Python for the
Total Dummy" books take over the shelf space and crowd out the useful
books...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  -- I love KATRINKA
                                  at               because she drives a