A socket question

Hassan Aurag aurag at geocities.com
Fri Jan 11 22:33:39 EST 2002

  I am not really familiar with sockets.

  However I succeeded in creating a server and client. The client
requests a file that is sent by the server (the contents). On Linux, I
could use MSG_WAITALL option for recv to get all the data.

  Trying this on windows failed because it is not in the socket module
there. I am using 2.1 btw.

  Can anyone show me how to do this in any way. I really am not familiar
with sockets though. I "know" that one could use select or something but
I have no clue how.

  A simple example for transfering any amount of data in one shot would
be nice.