a wxpython question about frames and panels

sameer sameer_ at email.com
Wed Jan 30 08:33:35 EST 2002

Vadim Zeitlin <zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr> wrote in message news:<slrna5b3di.60o.zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr>...
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 05:12:34 GMT, Robin Dunn <robin at stop.spam.alldunn.com> wrote:
> > Force a size event by not setting the initial size of the frame until after
> > the contents have been created.
>
>  Robin, this doesn't seem right to me - it's supposed to work without it as
> well. Do you know more about this problem and is it related to wxPython or
> wxWin itself?
>
>  Thanks,
> VZ

Here's the problem more specifically.
The user logs in from a dialog box, and is presented a panel that fits
within the main frame.  The user can then choose to logout.  the panel
is then destroyed, and the user is presented with the same dialog box
to login again.  when they login again, the same panel shows up, but
now it's greatly shrunken in size and doesn't fill the frame.  when
the frame is resized by dragging its edges around, the Panel fills the
frame again.  i know all the code is not here, so it makes diagnosing
a bit difficult, but any suggestions?  If anyone would like to have a
look at the code, the project is here: