comparation of Python with other languages

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Sun Jan 20 21:29:35 EST 2002

In article <a2fi1o$op3$1 at peabody.colorado.edu>,
 Fernando Pérez <fperez528 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Would you be willing to make the EXIF extraction code publically available?
> I'm probably not the only one who could make use of it. Or for that matter
> your whole 'toy' app. I've been playing with the idea of writing something
> like that to learn Qt, so it might be a fun exercise to convert/adapt yours.

The EXIF extraction code was adapted from Thierry Bousch's exifdump
utility, <http://topo.math.u-psud.fr/~bousch/exifdump.py>

I'm not sure how generally useful my web site creation code is -- for
instance I haven't tested it on photos from anything but an Oly C700, other
cameras might have their data arranged differently -- but if you want to
try playing with it you can find it at
<http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/pix/webimg.tar.gz>
--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/