What does Python fix?

James_Althoff at i2.com James_Althoff at i2.com
Fri Jan 18 19:19:26 EST 2002

Steven Majewski  wrote:
>Tim Peters wrote:
>> And Dylan's subsequent meteoric rise to world domination proved that the
>> "Lisp's problem is Lots of Insipid Stupid Parentheses" crowd was right
all
>> along <wink>.
>>
>> the-reason-lisp-excels-at-getting-ignored-isn't-skin-deep-ly y'rs - tim
>>

>But the syntax that won in Dylan was the algebraic C-like one, NOT
>the S-expr syntax. How do you explain that ?

Lisa: Perhaps "Dylan's subsequent meteoric rise to world domination" was
meant to be sarcastic -- or ironic, at least.
Homer: Doh!
Moe: I never did like that Dylan guy.  Can't sing.  Give me Sinatra
anytime.
Lisa: I think it's the other Dylan.
Moe: Yeah, yeah, right.  Well, I don't like "The Practice" either.  Too
much singing and not enough suds.  That bar is phoney-baloney.
Lenny: No that's Ally McBeal.
Homer: Mmm.  The chick from Footloose.  She's cute. But did you know all
that dancing was fake?  They glued her head on top of the body of a real
dancer.
Lisa: That's Jennifer Beal and the movie is Flashdance. And they didn't
glue anything.  They ... Oh never mind.

Jim