HELP!!! Installing Blt for Pmw

Barry Drake bldrake1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 19:14:04 EST 2002

All,
I'm having the same problem as others here.  I've
duplicated a previous message below since my setup is
exactly the same.  Copying the .dll and .lib files to
every concievable subdirectory doesn't seem to work,
including the Windows System directory.

Someone must have gotten this to work at sometime in
the past!!!  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Barry L. Drake
----------------------------------

Dear Pythonistas!

After having installed successfully Python -
MageWidgets and
after having run partially successfully the  All.py -
demo
I ran into a problem when trying to install blt -
which is
necessary to execute some of the options in All.py (
and which
I'm rather interested to use):

I'm running Python 2.1 in the ActiveState-flavour
(including Tcl/Tkinter)
under WindowsNT 4.0

I downloaded blt2_4u-for-8_3.exe

and then tinkered around a lot of time without
success,

The installer ran "successfully", but I seem not to
know where to
install the things correctly (Perhaps the installer
doesn't know that
I want to know them with Python?.

It installs 3 subdirectories:
    bin
    include
    lib
but not in the correct place.
It doesn't seem to modify then registry (hopefully).

So All.py complains still with:
"I'm sorry, but btl has not been installed" ... or
similar

My dir-structure is:

C:\Python21\
      DLLs
      Doc
      Lib
      libs
      Pmw
      pygame
      tcl\
           tcl8.3
           tk8.3

( and more ...)

Could anybody help with hints
   - if I downloaded the correct file
   - what to enter when asked for the install-dir
   - how to get it to run

(Dirty question, I assume)

Thanks in advance
Gregor Lingl