Announce: Python 2.2 for Pocket PC, StrongArm Binary Release

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 10:48:32 EST 2002

"Brad Clements" <bkc at Murkworks.com> wrote:

>As promised, here's a binary release of "Pocket PC Python". It was compiled
>for "Release" with optimization on.
>
>Currently available only for Strong ARM Pocket PC devices (sorry).
>
>http://www.murkworks.com/Research/Python/PocketPCPython/Overview
>
>Be sure to read the release notes. This is *not* a self-installing package,
>it's a Zip. It is easy to install using Active Sync as described in the
>release notes.
>
>Pystone numbers:
>
>PIII-500 desktop (2.3, 4291)
>
>Same desktop running CE Emulation (16,625)
>
>iPaq (75,133)
>
>Sigh..

This is excellent news. I've downloaded and installed it and I get a
prompt so that's a good start.

However, does it really need the whole test suite copied across? It's
pretty big (well, for an iPAQ, anyway).

All we need now is wxPython for iPAQ and life will be just peachy.

--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd