Sockets, threads, and killing servers

Michael Chermside mcherm at destiny.com
Wed Jan 9 21:14:42 EST 2002

 > I've been playing around with the SocketServer module recently.
   [...]
 > A fully-functional example is below. Any comments?

This looks nice. I don't know of a better way to achieve this, (and
neither did anyone else who responded to your previous posts) and it's
an important piece of functionality. Any chance of getting this
incorporated into the SocketServer module (ie, a subclass which is
"stoppable" for use by those who need it)? I don't need this myself
(yet), but I'd hate to have to reinvent this solution if it DID come up,
and it seems like a likely feature to want.

-- Michael Chermside