Soundcard shenanigans

Karl M. Syring syring at email.com
Sun Jan 20 10:23:55 EST 2002

"Anton Vredegoor" <anton at vredegoor.doge.nl> schrieb
> p.s. My motivation for looking for true random number generators is
> John von Neumann's idea that anyone that is using pseudo random number
> generators to generate random numbers is "living in a state of sin".

If you are obsessed with true random numbers, you can get some produced by
radioactive decay: http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/uncgi/Hotbits?nbytes=100
Another good source is your lowly CCD webcam as the jitter it produces is
pure quantum noise. There is an issue with the data transmission rate,
because you have to avoid autocorrelated numbers by any means.

Karl M. Syring