Extensions on Windows, questions for experts.

Michael Kelly mkelly2002NOSPAM at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 15 19:52:54 EST 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:37:06 GMT, Michel Van den Bergh
<vdbergh at luc.ac.be> wrote:

>The problem is that extensions on Windows depend on the Python
>version. This is because references to pythonxx.dll need to be resolved
>at compile time (through the import library).

This is the type of "DLL Hell" that prompted MS to come
up with COM.  Although not entirely successful it does
try to get around being limited by the physical structure
of the objects used in the DLL.  I wonder if some COM-
based solution might be practical?

Mike

--

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    -- Groucho Marx