any packages available to support "fake" large files?

montanaro at tttech.com montanaro at tttech.com
Fri Jan 25 09:04:04 EST 2002

I have an application that requires large files, but it has to run on some
systems that don't have POSIX large file support.  Consequently, I need to
"fake it" (perhaps with a directory containing multiple small files and some
meta information).  I need to call this from standalone C apps and Python,
so a straightforward pure Python implementation won't be sufficient.
(Though I may prototype it in Python first.)

I poked around Google a bit, but didn't see anything.  Any pointers
appreciated,

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)