IID and CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Jan 14 16:14:36 EST 2002

At present I'm using a COM object declared as an in-proc server. This
appears to have the disadvantage that the IIS (4) process caches the
object's class definition, so when I change the code there appears to be
nothing I can do short of rebooting NT to force IIS to recognize the new
definition.

Can someone tell me a) whether it's possible to re-initialise with a new
object definition without rebooting, and/or b) whether this situation will
be alleviated if I move to using CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER?

I'm not really quite clear enough on the details of COM object registration,
creating and destruction to see my way through the woods here.

and-don't-get-me-started-on-threading-models-ly y'rs  - steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/