Transfer data between two separately running python programs.

MDK mdk at mdk.com
Fri Jan 25 12:22:15 EST 2002

Using PythonWin32 extensions I have a python program (collector.py) that
just monitors the serial port and collects data by running in a continuous
loop.

I want to get at that data from a different python program.

I've considered having collector.py write the data to a file every few
seconds and then read the file from the other program but that just doesn't
seem 'clean' enough.

I can't import collector and then run the loop because it stops the calling
program execution.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks