Autocoding project proposal.

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at acm.org
Fri Jan 25 16:31:31 EST 2002

"Timothy Rue" <threeseas at earthlink.net> writes:
> On 24-Jan-02 22:29:23 Christopher Browne <cbbrowne at acm.org> wrote:
> >"Timothy Rue" <threeseas at earthlink.net> writes:
> >> I'm asking for help in creating this tool. If you are going to wait
> >> until it's done, then what will you have to offer? Maybe your just
> >> an end user, waiting to use it. And that's OK, because that's who
> >> this tool is also for.
>
> >Show us the code that you need help with.
>
> >If you can't do that, but merely regale us with stories, then people
> >might get the impression that you're not actually "asking for help,"
> >but rather "asking for other people to implement it for you."

> God forbid RMS asked for help in implementing GNU or TB ask for help
> in implimenting the Hurd.

They started their "careers" by writing and releasing code.

There was no reason for anybody to take them seriously until there was
code available.

> Divide and conqure right? take a concept and divide it into two
> parts of this OR that but never again both together as one.

> So while you have Right to lifers killing abortion doctors, some
> child or more could have better used the resources spent on the
> killing, to live and be educated enough to have a choice. Rather
> than a murder getting a story in the paper.

Instead of releasing code, you talk about killing abortion doctors.

> Why are you affraid of autocoding, that you feel a need to play
> retoric abstraction manipulation so to divide and conqure an effort
> to do it?

> ????

Instead of releasing code, you present strawman arguments.

> You do realize that abstraction manipulation mechanics is exactly
> what this Virtual Interaction Configuration is really all about?!

> Autocoding is only one thing that can be done with it, of which it
> might very well help to better integrate code and documentation and
> as such cause better and more documentaion to get done. Thats not a
> bad thing, is it?

Heaven only knows.  If you released some code, there might be merit in
looking at it.
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" "@canada.com")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/oses.html